The Internet has changed the way many people approach finding a mate. No longer are you restricted to expensive offline dating agencies, singles bars, or the scatter-gun approach that is evident in many newspaper and magazine personals.
With internet dating, the scope is larger and the screening process is extensive enough to help find better matches. You can also communicate via chat and email in an anonymous fashion, thus finding out a good deal about people before considering conversing by telephone or going on that first date.
This area of the site presents a lot of common-sense tips that you should use when you first venture into the world of online dating agencies. For more in-depth articles on specific topics like placing and replying to personals, then visit the dating advice section.
Online Safety - use common sense and take certain precautions.
The First Date - tips for meeting somebody for the first time.
Romantic Gift Ideas - surprise your date with a gift. Some ideas.
There's nothing like letting a partner know how you feel about them by presenting them with a romantic gift. Listed below are some ideas for gifts.
- Flowers, Roses (including chocolate, porcelaine or gold)
- Name a star.
- Love Heart shaped glass paperweight.
- Love ring, fortune pendant, birthstone bracelet.
- Books, CD's, DVD's, T-Shirts.
- Romantic champagne basket.
- Creative - send a locket of hair, or lamenate a lipstick kiss imprint.
- Create a special card personalised like 'World's best Boyfriend'.
- For Him - cufflinks, silk boxers, money clip,